- We focus on the cultural dimensions of people’s lives, which shape each society in different ways.
- We are committed to offering new insights, combined with aesthetic enjoyment and emotional engagement. We also want our museum to be fun, and offer imaginative entertainment.
- Our work involves placing some of our own collections in a new light.
- We always handle topics in relation to the here and now.
- Our exhibitions focus on one or more of the five aspects that we have set out in our Programmatic. These are community, agency, space, knowledge, performance.
- We see ourselves as a partner and a forum of exchange for the public.
- We consciously seek a dialogue with our visitors, because we consider the museum to be a reflective institution.
Museum der Kulturen Basel – A place of encounters and inspiration.